I’m so excited to share with you a recipe for my delicious Coconut Pecan Bars! They are buttery, gooey and full of pecans! I promise, if pecan pie is your thing, then you’ll love these yummy dessert bars too. How can I be so sure? Because these bars taste like pecan pie, but with a buttery coconut shortbread crust!
Every bite of these delectable dessert bars is equally delicious, buttery and nutty!
Pour pecan filling over the unbaked crust. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and the center does not jiggle. Cool completely before cutting into pieces.
- For the crust:
- 1 cup butter, cold
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut
- For the filling:
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 3 eggs (large), slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Cut 1 cup of cold butter into cubes and combine with ½ cup brown sugar and flour in a food processor. Pulse until butter is pea sized. Add the coconut and pulse once or twice again. Evenly press the crust mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan and set aside.
- In a sauce pan place 6 tablespoons butter, 1 cup brown sugar, the light corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, add the vanilla extract and chopped pecans. Stir until blended well. Slowly add the slightly beaten eggs and blend well with a spatula. Pour pecan filling over the unbaked crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and the center does not jiggle. Cool completely before cutting into pieces.
Looking for more delicious bar recipes?
Her are a few you might also enjoy!
I hope you enjoy our Coconut Pecan Bars, they’re a new twist on the classic pecan pie!
This recipe is shared at: Creative Muster Party
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.