Pour pecan filling over the unbaked crust. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and the center does not jiggle. Cool completely before cutting into pieces.
- For the crust:
- 1 cup butter, cold
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut
- For the filling:
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 3 eggs (large), slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Cut 1 cup of cold butter into cubes and combine with ½ cup brown sugar and flour in a food processor. Pulse until butter is pea sized. Add the coconut and pulse once or twice again. Evenly press the crust mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan and set aside.
- In a sauce pan place 6 tablespoons butter, 1 cup brown sugar, the light corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, add the vanilla extract and chopped pecans. Stir until blended well. Slowly add the slightly beaten eggs and blend well with a spatula. Pour pecan filling over the unbaked crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and the center does not jiggle. Cool completely before cutting into pieces.
Hungry for more delicious bar recipes?
Her are a few family favorites you may also enjoy!
I hope you enjoy our Coconut Pecan Bars, they’re a new twist on the classic pecan pie! Thanks to all my readers for stopping by and see you again soon.
This post may contain affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.