Our son-in-law, Kenny’s Famous Cowboy Beans has lean ground turkey, or beef, with tender vegetables in an easy delicious savory homemade sauce.
In a large pan brown the ground turkey or lean ground beef.
Here’s what they look like after cooking in the slow cooker and they taste amazing!
- 1 lb ground turkey or lean beef
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large can of pork & beans
- 2 small cans of chili beans
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Brown the ground turkey or lean beef in a frying pan.
- Dice the onion and green pepper.
- Put the cooked ground turkey or hamburger, the diced green pepper & onion, and the remaining ingredients into a slow cooker and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours.
Hungry for more delicious side dishes?
Here are a few of our favorites!