Good morning, I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! One of the pies we had, and always have on Thanksgiving, was my Mom’s Pumpkin Pie, so I thought I would share her recipe with you today. She was a little apprehensive to share it with my readers because it’s right on the back of the Libby pumpkin can. I told her it’s perfect because it’s an easy and delicious recipe and our family loves it! So here’s her, well, Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie recipe.
Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie recipe is famous because it’s been on LIBBY’S® Pumpkin labels since 1950, so you know it’s tried and true, and absolutely delicious!
In a small bowl, stir together sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, ginger & gloves.
Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Then stir in the can of pumpkin and the sugar & spice mixture.
Stir in the can of evaporated milk.
Prepare a pie shell. My Mom used her flaky pie crust recipe from our ‘Brown Paper Bag Apple Pie’ post. In my opinion, it’s the best, flaky pie crust – ever!
Pour the pumpkin mixture into a 9″ unbaked pie shell, or use my Mom’s flaky pie crust recipe. Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool, top with a dollop of sweet whipped cream and serve! Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie is great served by itself, topped with whipped cream, or it would be absolutely amazing with a scoop of creamy pumpkin pecan ice cream.
Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie
Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie recipe is famous because it's been on LIBBY'S® Pumpkin labels since 1950 and our family loves this tried and true, delicious recipe.
Author: Heather Carter - MySweetMission.net
Recipe type: Pies
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can of Libby Pumpkin
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9" deep dish pie shell (or use my flaky pie crust recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, salt & the ground spices together.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs. Stir in the pumpkin and the sugar-spice mixture. Slowly stir in the evaporated milk.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell. Bake in a preheated oven at 425 F degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 40-50 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for approximately 2 hours. Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve. Served plain, topped with sweet whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
Helpful links for Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie:
Hungry for more delicious pie recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites!
As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day! I have lots to share with you this week, so see you again soon!
To receive our free recipes & tips follow us through our social medias, or by email!
If you enjoyed this recipe for Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie, please share & comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This recipe is shared at: Creative Muster Party – I Heart Nap Time – Creative Ways Link Party – Saturday Sparks Link Party
This post may contain affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase, it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.