Put it on whole grain toast, or your favorite bread with some fresh salad greens for a healthy meal. This recipe makes enough for 2 sandwiches, or you can use the other half for a delicious salad topper the next day!
- 2 hard boiled eggs, large
- 1 medium ripe avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup chopped red pepper, or any colored pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper, or to taste
- Start with perfectly boiled eggs and dice them into a bowl. (Link below recipe)
- Add the cubed avocado, chopped red pepper, sweet onion, light mayonnaise, salt, cracked pepper and lemon juice.
- Stir gently to combine well.
~ Cut the avocado in half length-wise, hit the pit with a sharp knife and twist it out.
~ Take a butter knife and make slices in a checkerboard pattern, like small cubes.
~ Then go around the outer edge of the avocado with a spoon and scoop out the pieces.
To make great egg salad make sure you know how to boil eggs perfectly.
Hungry for more delicious savory recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites!
I’ve got some special treats coming your way, so make sure to stop by next time! Hope you have a special day friends.