Hi there and happy 12/12/12! Today I’m sharing a fool-proof way to boil eggs. Now, you may be thinking, ‘Why would Heather post on something as easy as boiling eggs?’ Well, for years I guessed at when my eggs were done, sometimes they would turn out and sometimes they would be too soft or overcooked – yuck! But, now they turn out perfect every time! Plus, perfectly boiled eggs are awesome in my delicious Avocado Egg Salad!
My fool-proof tip for perfectly boiled eggs means no more guessing how long to boil them and your eggs will turn out perfect every time!
- Place large eggs (see Note below for boiling different sizes of eggs) in a pan, cover them with filtered or tap water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Turn off the heat, but leave the pan on the hot burner.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the burner and carefully drain the water.
- Run cold tap water over the eggs until the pan is cool to the touch. Then, fill the pan with cold water again, add some ice and wait approximately 10-15 minutes for the eggs to chill and cool completely.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half. The center should be bright yellow and just a little soft.
These instructions are for perfectly boiling large eggs. But, if you’re boiling small, medium, or extra large eggs please experiment and try the following suggestions:
- Small eggs – leave the eggs in the hot boiled water for eight (8) minutes.
- Medium eggs – leave the eggs in the hot boiled water for nine (9) minutes.
- Extra large eggs – leave the eggs in the hot boiled water for eleven (11) minutes.
More helpful Baking & Cooking Tips you may also enjoy!
It’s really that easy to boil eggs perfectly every time! I love my readers, so thank you for stopping in and bye for today.
If you enjoyed our tip How To Boil Eggs Perfectly, please share & comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This recipe shared at: Creative Muster Party – I Heart Nap Time – Creative Ways Link Party – Saturday Sparks Link Party
This post may contain affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.