Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl combine the butter, confectioners sugar, flour, salt and vanilla, mix on low until blended. Then add the chopped pecans, mix on low again until blended.
- 1 cup butter, almost melted
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 2 cup flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- For rolling the cookies:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the butter, confectioners sugar, flour, salt and vanilla extract on low until blended.
- Add the chopped pecans and blend on low again, until blended.
- Take a small cookie scooper and place scoops of dough on a cookie sheet about 1"-1½" apart. You can place them close together because they won't spread much while baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are light golden brown. Do not over bake.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then roll in the additional confectioners sugar. Place on wax paper and cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Looking for more delicious cookie recipes?
Here are a few of our family favorites!