We love Jennie O’s Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, it’s the best turkey sausage in our opinion.
After the turkey sausage has been browned add the rest of the ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer. Cover and continue to cook on simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This spaghetti sauce has all the right spices and it’s full of flavor! Just serve over your favorite pasta.
Our Spaghetti with Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage has healthy ingredients that will bring a smile to your family’s faces and warmth to their tummies too!
- 1 (19.5 oz) package Jenni O Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1 (24 oz) jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- ¾ cup water (to rinse out spaghetti sauce jar)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (13.25 oz) package whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper (optional)
- Remove casing from turkey sausage, place it in a large frying pan and break it up with a spatula, as it cooks. Brown and cook thoroughly over medium heat.
- Add the jar of spaghetti sauce, water, diced tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, parsley and bay leaves.
- Stir, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package and drain.
Serving suggestion: Put approximately one cup of whole wheat spaghetti noodles on a plate and top with approximately one cup of sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and fresh cracked pepper, if desired.
Hungry for more delicious entrée recipes?
Here are a few our family loves!