Rinse the pork loin and place it fatty side up in a large roasting pan. Make 6 small slits across the top and push in small garlic cloves. Cut up 2 lbs of polish kielbasa and place it around the roast. The kielbasa is not necessary, but it gives the pork & sauerkraut extra flavor!
- 5 lbs pork loin
- 6 small garlic cloves
- 2 lbs polish kielbasa
- 2 lbs sauerkraut, rinsed very well, (about a minute), and drained
- 1 small cabbage head, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the pork loin and place it fatty side up in a large roasting pan. Make 6 small slits, with a sharp knife, across the top and push in the garlic cloves.
- Cut up the polish kielbasa and place it around the roast.
- In a large mixing bowl, with clean hands, combine the thoroughly rinsed sauerkraut, chopped cabbage, salt, pepper, brown sugar, and the diced cold butter. Next, cover the pork loin with this mixture.
- Cover the roasting pan with a lid and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for one hour. Then lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for an additional 3 hours, or until the sauerkraut is golden brown and the pork is fork tender.
Hungry for more delicious Entrées?
Here are a few family favorites you may also enjoy!
Next on My Sweet Mission is a recipe for Eclairs & Cream Puffs. They’re so good I made them twice this week! Have a nice weekend and see you soon!