Chelsea at her wedding eating an aqua decorated white chocolate sugar cookies. Didn’t she look beautiful?!
Make the sugar cookies (recipe below) but instead of rolling out the dough use a cookie scooper. Also, you won’t need to make the frosting like with the Giant Shamrock Cookies & Christmas Sugar Cookies. Allow the cookies to cool, then place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Put the white chocolate melting discs in to the glass measuring. Place it in the microwave and microwave for 1 minute at power 3. Stir and repeat a few times until the chocolate is smooth and just melted. Click here for more tips on melting chocolate.
Put the melted white chocolate in a squeeze bottle and drizzle it in a circlular pattern. Next, while the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the edible glitter on top. I used aqua & purple and left some of the cookies without glitter for a nice contrast.
Here they are side by side. So pretty for weddings, birthday gifts, Easter parties or Mother’s Day!
If you have some melted white chocolate leftover you can make some white chocolate pretzel bark. Just crush up some pretzels, stir them in, place on wax paper and spread out. Allow to set until the chocolate is firm and then break into pieces. I love the sweet and salty contrast of white chocolate & pretzels – YUM!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3¼ cup flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Ingredients for decorating:
- 1½ cup white chocolate melting discs
- 2 tablespoons edible glitter, colors of choice
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and salt.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the first cup of flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix on low until blended then add the remainder of the flour and mix just until flour disappears.
- Use a 2 ounce cookie scooper and place the cookie dough about 2" apart on an un-greased nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 360 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets about 10-15 minutes and carefully transfer them to a cooling rack. Cool completely before decorating.
- Put the white chocolate melting discs in a glass measuring cup. Place it in the microwave and microwave for 1 minute at power 30%. Stir and repeat a few times until the chocolate is smooth and just melted.
- Put the melted white chocolate in a squeeze bottle and drizzle it in a circle pattern.
- While the chocolate is wet, sprinkle with edible glitter.
Cooled sugar cookies
1½ cups white chocolate melting discs
1 tablespoon edible glitter, I used aqua & purple and left some without glitter for a nice contrast.
2 cup glass measuring cup
Plastic squeeze bottle
Looking for more delicious cookie recipes?
Here are a few you may also enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed today’s treat! Have a Sweet weekend!