We served our Tender BBQ Pulled Pork with homemade bread (recipe to come), sauteed asparagus & mushrooms and roasted, seasoned potatoes. Gail brought a delicious angel food cake dessert with berries, Greek yogurt and whip cream, thank you Gail! It was an amazing meal and we enjoyed our evening with them. I am so blessed to have a husband that is a good cook. I want to thank John for making our meal with our friends so special & delicious!
- 3½ pounds pork loin
- 1½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Barbeque Sauce, or to taste
- Rinse and cut off any fat from the pork loin. Then cut the pork into 3 pieces, this will help the flavors soak into the meat.
- Put a ½ cup of water into the slower cooker and place the pork in the slower cooker. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Dice the onion, green pepper and mince the garlic and spread them on top and in between the pork. Cover with the lid and turn the slower cooker on. Cook for 4 hours on high or for 8 hours on low.
- Take the pork pieces out and place them on a plate. Remove the juice and reserve. Put the pork pieces back into the slower cooker and gently separate the meat into large pieces with two forks.
- Add ½ of the reserved liquid (about a cup) and the BBQ sauce to the meat and gently stir, being careful not to over stir or mash the meat.
- Put the lid back on and keep the slow cooker on warm or low until ready to serve.
We love and recommend Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbeque Sauce for this recipe.
Hungry for more delicious pork recipes?
Here are a few family favorites you may also enjoy!