Today I’m sharing the BEST Nutty Peanut Butter Cookie recipe, well, that is according to my family and friends. I’ve been making these PB cookies for about 20 years now, everyone loves them and they always turn out perfect! These Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies are soft and chewy and loaded with peanut butter taste. Today’s recipe will be my 4th cookie recipe for my new Gourmet Cookie Series, so let’s get started.
I use Jif crunchy peanut butter in the dough and chopped peanuts on top to make these Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies the BEST!
Mix up the dough (see instructions below).
Take a small cookie scooper and press half of the dough balls into the granulated peanuts and the other half without. Place 1 1/2″ apart on an ungreased nonstick cookie sheet.
Bake at 360 degrees F for 9-10 minutes.
Hot out of the oven, they’re light golden brown and crackled on top. Look at those crunchy peanuts on top of soft and chewy peanut butter cookies!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy (I recommend Jif peanut butter)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 2½ cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup granulated peanuts (chopped peanuts)
- Preheat an oven to 360 degrees F. I find this temperature to be perfect for gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and salt.
- Add the eggs. Mix on low until the eggs are blended, then on medium speed for about a minute and then on high speed for another minute. The mixture should be a pale yellow color and very fluffy.
- Add the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda and mix on low speed. Continuing on low speed, add the remainder of the flour until the flour just disappears.
- Use a small cookie scooper, then dip ½ of the dough balls into the granulated peanuts. Press the dough about half way down, unless you like your cookies more puffy. Put the dough on ungreased, nonstick baking sheets about 1½" a part.
- Bake in a preheated 360 degrees F oven for 9-10 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and the cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
For convection ovens: Bake at 335 degrees F for 8-9 minutes.
Makes 68 (3/4 oz) small cookies. For bigger cookies just use a larger cookie scooper.
Store in an airtight container. These cookies also freeze well.
For perfect cookies every time use My Top 10 Tips for Perfect Cookies.
My favorite tools for making Gourmet Cookies:
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- KitchenAid Beater Blade
- KitchenAid Pouring Shield
- AirBake Ultra Nonstick Cookie Sheets
- Baker’s Secret Nonstick Cooling Racks
Here are my other 3 Gourmet Cookie Recipes (so far):
If you Love peanut butter cookies & chocolate? Then you’ll love this way to decorate them at my Chocolate Covered PB Cookies. My Peanut Butter cookies are really delicious but decorating them with chocolate takes them to a whole new level!
This post may contain affiliate links to products that may assist you in making my Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies. Please see my disclosure policy.