The day we arrived home from Thailand my Mom made John & I stuffed cabbage, one of our favorite meals, which is made like my Hungarian Stuffed Peppers, but made with cabbage. She also made this amazingly delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake, what a meal! The cake was so good, and super easy to make, that I just had to share it with you.
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 oz) box strawberry gelatin
- 1 (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- Layer the chopped rhubarb and sliced strawberries in the greased pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar and strawberry gelatin evenly over the fruit. Allow the fruit and sugar mixture to sit for about 30 minutes, it will become very juicy.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly on top, then drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 45 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or sweet whipped cream.
Update: This recipe is also featured on Recipe Lion. To view all my featured recipes on Recipe Lion click –> HERE!
Hungry for more amazing cake recipes?
Thank you Mom for making John & I our favorite meal and this delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake, we appreciate you! I hope you have a beautiful day my friends!
This post may contain affiliate links to products that may assist you in making our Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake. Please see our disclosure policy.