Have I got a treat for you today. My niece, Melissa has the cutest fashion blog called The Bee’s Knees and I asked her to share her Coconut Curry Chicken with you! It looks so amazing I can almost smell it! So, here’s Melissa!
Hello My Sweet Mission readers! My name is Melissa, I blog over at The Bee’s Knees. It’s my pleasure to share one of my favorite savory recipes with you today- Coconut Curry Chicken. I’m sure you’ll love this as much as I do! Please read on…
Looking for an easy crowd pleaser to whip up this weekend? Look no further, friends. This Coconut Curry Chicken recipe is one of my favorites and it’s SO, so easy. *Bonus*
- 1½ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts- cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook an additional minute. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30-40 minutes.
Feel free to swing by The Bee’s Knees anytime- I’d love to have you.