Tired of boring fish for dinner? Our recipe for Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod will take your fish to a whole new delicious crunchy level! Everyone knows how healthy fish is for you, but if you don’t have a delicious way to prepare it, you’re just not going to make it that often.
That was our problem until we started using Panko bread crumbs and today I’m sharing our recipe with you. This fish is so scrumptious, even your pickiest eaters will love it!
My simple recipe and steps will ensure your fish will turn out tender inside and crispy on the outside. Oh yea, now we’re talking!
Here’s what you’ll need: Cod fillets, salt, pepper, flour, egg and Panko bread crumbs.
Salt and pepper the fish, then dip it in the flour.
Roll it in the beaten egg.
Firmly press all sides of the fish into the Panko bread crumbs.
Fry the fish in sizzling olive oil, browning both sides to a golden brown.
- 1 pound Cod fillets
- ¼ cup flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup olive oil, or enough to cover the bottom of a large frying pan
- Lay out the flour, beaten egg and Panko bread crumbs on three (3) separate plates, or shallow pans.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. (This should only take a few minutes, watch the pan and be careful not to burn the oil).
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper.
- Dip the seasoned fish in the flour, then egg and then press the fish into the Panko bread crumbs, coating the fish evenly on all sides.
- Place the fish carefully in the hot pan and reduce the heat to medium, but keep it at a sizzle. When both sides are evenly browned, remove the fish from the hot oil and serve immediately.
Hungry for more delicious entrée recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites!