Today I’m bringing you a savory Spinach Bacon Mac & Cheese. I’m fortunate that John is an excellent cook and he makes the best Mac & Cheese. When the kids were little we’d have this for dinner quit often and we all loved it! I recently challenged John to kick his recipe up by adding spinach & bacon, along with a crunchy topping. Well, he did and this recipe is amazing! We also use whole wheat noodles, for added fiber and protein, along with 2% milk & cheeses, so it’s a little healthier but still incredibly delicious!
Our savory Spinach Bacon Mac & Cheese has spinach, bacon, lots of gooey cheese with a crunchy topping!
Cook the bacon, drain and chop.
In a large pot, cook the macaroni according to the package but minus 2 minutes. Drain and put the noodles back in the pot.
Next, add all the ingredients except for the Panko bread crumbs and stir to combine thoroughly.
Pour into a greased baking dish.
Sprinkle with the Panko bread crumbs.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 (12 oz) box whole wheat macaroni noodles
- ½ cup butter. cubed
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped or 1 cup frozen, drained & chopped
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups colby jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon, drain and chop.
- In a large pot, cook the macaroni according to the package but minus 2 minutes. Drain and put the noodles back in the pot. Add all the ingredients, except the Panko bread crumbs and stir well.
- Pour into a greased baking dish or a 9" x 13" pan and sprinkle with the Panko bread crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbly and the top is golden brown.
Looking for more delicious cheesy recipes?
Here are a couple you might also enjoy!
John & I will be first time Grandparents! Chelsea & Kenny are expecting a baby the end of March! We’re super excited and so happy to share this with you. 🙂 Enjoy your weekend friends.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share and comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This post may contain affiliate links to products that may assist you in making our Spinach Bacon Mac & Cheese. Please see our disclosure policy.