Happy Weekend to everyone! Today I’m sharing a recipe for Triple Layer Oreo Brownies. I gave them a new name because I didn’t care for the original name “Slutty Brownies“. Yes, that’s the original name and this amazing recipe was inspired by What’s Gaby Cooking. Recently I saw her recipe on Tasty Kitchen and I have to say the name got my attention and then when I saw the recipe I just had to give it a try. So, join me for this fun & enticing brownie recipe!
These brownies have three layers, chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo cookies and a brownie batter, which all turns into these deliciously rich and decadent brownies!
Make the chocolate chip cookie dough and spread it evenly in a greased 15″ x 10″ pan.
Place a layer of Oreo cookies over the cookie dough.
Make the brownie batter and spread it evenly over the Oreo cookie layer. Then sprinkle with the chopped walnuts (optional).
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out a little sticky. See special notes for testing below.
These Triple Layer Oreo Brownies are rich, chocolaty and nutty, such a great combination for brownies!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (approximately 2 cup)
- 1 (14.3 oz) package Oreo Cookies
- 1 (18 oz) Brownie Mix (9" x 13" size)
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 15" x 10" baking pan.
- Make your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough, or use mine (link below recipe). Press the cookie dough into a greased 15"x10" pan.
- Then place the Oreo cookies in a single layer over the cookie dough.
- Make the brownie batter according to the package and spread it evenly over the Oreo cookie layer. Then sprinkle with the chopped walnuts (optional).
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out a little sticky.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into bars.
Variations: I used my chocolate chip cookie dough for the bottom cookie layer, except I left out the milk chocolate chips, decreased the flour to 2 3/4 cups and used a 15″ x 10″ pan, where the original recipe uses a 9″x9″ pan. But, I thought a thicker layer of chocolate chip cookie dough would be better and it was amazing.
Looking for more decadent bar recipes?
Here are a few you may also enjoy!
This recipe is shared at: All Things Thursday Blog Hop – Share Your Stuff Tuesdays – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – Wow Us Wednesdays
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share and comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This post may contain affiliate links to products that may assist you in making my Triple Layer Oreo Brownies. Please see my disclosure policy.