Happy Weekend to everyone! Today I’m sharing a recipe for Triple Layer Oreo Brownies. I gave them a new name because I didn’t care for the original name “Slutty Brownies“. Yes, that’s the original name and this amazing recipe was inspired by What’s Gaby Cooking. Recently I saw her recipe on Tasty Kitchen and I have to say the name got my attention and then when I saw the recipe I just had to give it a try. So, join me for this fun & enticing brownie recipe!
These brownies have three layers, chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo cookies and a brownie batter, which all turns into these deliciously rich and decadent brownies!
Make the chocolate chip cookie dough and spread it evenly in a greased 15″ x 10″ pan.
Place a layer of Oreo cookies over the cookie dough.
Make the brownie batter and spread it evenly over the Oreo cookie layer. Then sprinkle with the chopped walnuts (optional).
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out a little sticky. See special notes for testing below.
These Triple Layer Oreo Brownies are rich, chocolaty and nutty, such a great combination for brownies!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (approximately 2 cup)
- 1 (14.3 oz) package Oreo Cookies
- 1 (18 oz) Brownie Mix (9" x 13" size)
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 15" x 10" baking pan.
- Make your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough, or use mine (link below recipe). Press the cookie dough into a greased 15"x10" pan.
- Then place the Oreo cookies in a single layer over the cookie dough.
- Make the brownie batter according to the package and spread it evenly over the Oreo cookie layer. Then sprinkle with the chopped walnuts (optional).
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out a little sticky.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into bars.
Variations: I used my chocolate chip cookie dough for the bottom cookie layer, except I left out the milk chocolate chips, decreased the flour to 2 3/4 cups and used a 15″ x 10″ pan, where the original recipe uses a 9″x9″ pan. But, I thought a thicker layer of chocolate chip cookie dough would be better and it was amazing.
Looking for more delicious bar recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
If you enjoyed our Triple Layer Oreo Brownies, please share & comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This recipe is shared at: Wow Us Wednesdays
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.