The other day I was baking at Baxter’s and clicked on my recipe page to get my Decadent Peanut Butter Bars recipe. That link was suppose to take me to a blog that I guest posted this recipe on a little while back. But to my surprise that blog is no longer available, which means my recipe was no longer available either. So, I learned a lesson and going forward I will either guest post with previously posted recipes or put them on my blog shortly after guest posting. Just a word of caution for the food bloggers out there.
Ok…on to my Decadent Peanut Butter Bars recipe. I got this recipe from my Mother-in-law when I was first married (over 30 years ago now – wow!). I have made these bars many times and everyone really loves them. If you love chocolate and peanut butter desserts, then this one has your name written all over it! Oh, and they are great for those holiday party platters too.
My Decadent Peanut Butter Bars are rich, chocolate chip peanut butter bars, smothered in a creamy chocolate and peanut butter topping!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For the topping:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the peanut butter, butter and salt. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and beat until creamy. On low, add the flour and semi-sweet chocolate chips and blend just until the flour disappears.
- Spread evenly in a 9" x 13" baking pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven approximately 25 minutes, or until light golden brown around the edges. Cool 10 minutes.
- For the topping: Combine the topping ingredients in a pan, stir and melt over low heat just until blended. Spread over slightly cooled bars. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Looking for more delicious bar recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites you may also enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share and comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This post may contain affiliate links to products that may assist you in making my Decadent Peanut Butter Bars. Please see my disclosure policy.