This Broccoli Cheese Soup is easy to make and has tender chunks of broccoli in a savory, creamy cheese broth! Years ago my dear neighbor, Marcy gave me this amazing soup recipe. I hadn’t made it for years, but had it on my list of recipes to share with you. I told John I was planning on making it and showed him the recipe. Well, when I came home from work the other day the house smelled like Broccoli Cheese Soup! I was pleasantly surprised that John had made it for us. We invited my Mom over and we all loved it. Give it a try, it might just be the best Broccoli Cheese Soup you’ll ever taste!
Put the olive oil and chopped onion in a large pan. Over medium heat, cook the onions until tender.
Add the cans of soup, milk, cooked broccoli and the shredded cheese and stir to combine.
Cook in a slow cooker until hot and bubbly. Note: See recipe below for stove top instructions.
Sprinkle with pepper (optional) and serve with some delicious homemade bread.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of potato soup
- 2 cans milk (approximately 2¾ cups)
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen broccoli (cooked and drained) or 1 head of fresh broccoli, cooked and drained
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack, or your favorite shredded hard cheese)
- Put the olive oil and chopped onion in a large pan. Over medium heat, cook the onions until tender.
- Add the cans of soup, milk, cooked broccoli and the shredded cheese and stir to combine.
- Cook in a slow cooker until hot and bubbly. Approximately 2-4 hours on high, or 5-6 hours on low.
Looking for more amazing soup recipes?
Here are a couple you may also enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share and comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This post is shared at: Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – All Things Thursday Blog Hop – Saturday Sparks Link Party
This post may contain affiliate links to products that may assist you in making our Broccoli Cheese Soup. Please see disclosure policy.