Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cups. Any one of these ingredients can make your mouth water, put them all together and your mouth will sing for joy! I make these yummy dessert cups at Baxter’s and thought I would share the recipe and steps with you today. I love chocolate and peanut butter recipes and today I’m using my Decadent Peanut Butter Bars and turning them into these amazing dessert cups. I made this recipe in dessert cups for a pretty presentation. Oh and I’m going to show you the huge Hobart mixer I use when I bake at our church’s kitchen. I can make quadruple (4) batches of cookie dough or double (2) batches of muffins and bar recipes at a time, it’s pretty cool!
My Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cups are rich chocolate chip peanut butter cups with with a layer of decadent chocolate peanut butter topping.
I was looking for the size of this mixer and couldn’t find it. But, I believe it’s a 20 Quart stand mixer. It may be old and a little beaten up, but it’s my biggest helper at Baxter’s.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes, or until the tops are light golden brown.
Make the chocolate peanut butter topping. Using a one (1) ounce cookie scooper pour the topping over the slightly cooled cups. Then swirl with the back of a spoon.
I’ve made these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cups many times at home with a regular mixer and they turn out great as well.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- ¾ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For the chocolate peanut butter topping:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- For the cups: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the peanut butter, butter and salt.
- Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until creamy.
- On low or stir speed, add the flour and semi-sweet chocolate chips and blend just until the flour disappears.
- Use a 2 ounce cookie scooper to scoop the batter into each paper. There's no need to press the batter down.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes, or just until the tops are light golden brown.
- Cool cups for 10 minutes.
- For the chocolate peanut butter topping: Combine both chocolate chips and the peanut butter in a pan and melt over low heat, cook and stir just until melted and blended.
- Scoop the topping with a one (1) ounce cookie scooper and pour over the slightly cooled cups. Then swirl with the back of a spoon.
- Allow the topping to set before serving.
Looking for more delicious chocolate & peanut butter recipes?
Here are a couple you may also enjoy!
This recipe is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – All Things Thursday Blog Hop – Saturday Sparks Link Party
This post may contain affiliate links to products that may assist you in making my Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars. Please see my disclosure policy.