Today I’m sharing my Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan. It’s one of the easiest side dishes and goes well with all kinds of savory recipes. Roasting asparagus mellows out the flavor and makes it tender, while at the same time gives the tips a little crispy texture. Asparagus is really healthy for you too, and at the end of this post there are some interesting facts about the amazing health benefits of asparagus. John & I absolutely love it and enjoy it as a side dish almost once a week.
Place in a preheated 400 degrees F oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- 1 bunch asparagus, about one pound
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1½ tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Rinse and cut off the thick ends (about 1–2 inches) and place them in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then roll the asparagus back and forth to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roll again.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7 Amazing Health Benefits of Asparagus
- A good source of fiber and protein, both essential for good digestion and immunity.
- Contains a number of anti-inflammatory compounds that protect you from type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- It has anti-oxidants, including one called glutathione, specifically known to protect the skin from sun damage, pollution and the effects of aging.
- It contains Vitamin K, which is excellent for healthy blood clotting and strengthening bones.
- Contains a unique carb called inulin, which helps nutrients absorb better and cuts the risk of colon cancer.
- Is a rich source of B Vitamins, which are known to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Reports say that green asparagus is more beneficial than white. It contains Vitamin A for better vision, potassium for smooth kidney functioning, and trace minerals that help boost immunity.
Looking for delicious entrees to serve with our oven-roasted asparagus?
Here are a few recipes you may also enjoy!
This recipe is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Five Little Chefs – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – All Things Thursday Blog Hop – Saturday Sparks Link Party
This post may contain affiliate links to products that may assist you in making my Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan. Please see my disclosure policy.