Red Velvet Sundae Cupcakes, yum! What’s not to love about that? I created these moist and creamy, delectable gems for a dinner party recently and everyone loved them. They’re easy to make, because you use a red velvet cake mix and they’re lower in calories and fat, because I used my lower calorie cake tip, instead of vegetable oil in the cake mix. So, here we go…let’s make these deliciously pretty cupcakes.
Moist red velvet cupcakes topped with a creamy buttercream frosting, drizzled with dark chocolate and a cherry on top!
Using the star tip, pipe on the buttercream frosting in a swirl pattern.
Drain the maraschino cherries in a strainer. Then blot each cherry on a paper towel to ensure there isn’t any cherry juice inside.
- 1 (16.5 oz) red velvet cake mix
- Ingredients required on the cake box; oil, eggs & water (I used my lower calorie cake tip, link below recipe)
- 1 batch best buttercream frosting (link below recipe)
- 1 cup high quality chocolate, milk or dark (I used dark chocolate)
- 1 (10 oz) jar maraschino cherries, drained well
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cupcake pans with 24 papers.
- Make the cupcakes according to the instructions, then cool them on a cooling rack.
- Make the buttercream frosting and fill the Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus.
- Using the star tip, pipe on the buttercream frosting in a swirl pattern.
- Melt the chocolate discs and pour it into a squeeze bottle. Drizzle the chocolate back and forth over the buttercream frosting. Helpful tutorial on melting chocolate below recipe.
- Drain the maraschino cherries in a strainer. Then blot each cherry on a paper towel to ensure there isn't any cherry juice inside.
- Place a cherry on top of each frosted cupcake and they're ready to serve.
lower calorie cake tip and toothpick tip.
If using my lower calorie cake tip the cupcakes will bake a little faster, so check them 5 minutes before the recommended time.
Helpful links to help you make my Red Velvet Sundae Cupcakes:
- Lower calorie cake tip
- Best buttercream frosting
- Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus
- Tutorial on melting chocolate
Looking for more delicious cupcake recipes?
Here are a few you may also enjoy!
This recipe is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – All Things Thursday Blog Hop – Saturday Sparks Link Party
This post contains affiliate links to products that will assist you in making my Red Velvet Sundae Cupcakes. Please see my disclosure policy.