Spring is here, finally for some of us! Love is in the air and weddings are in full bloom. So, today I’m sharing my Glistening Wedding Cookie Favors. I made 140 of these delicious and beautiful favors for my niece, Candice’s wedding recently. Actually, they’re perfect for any time of the year, and you can use different colors of edible glitters to match your color scheme. Your guests will love them, and trust me you probably won’t be able to find any left on the tables at the end of the wedding reception.
Glistening Wedding Cookie Favors
- Sugar cookies
- Wax or parchment paper
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate melting discs (per batch of cookies)
- Microwavable bowl
- Squeeze bottle
- Wilton White Edible Glitter – Cake Sparkles
- Wilton Elegant Shimmer Dust
- Gusseted Cellophane Bags 4″ x 2 3/4″ x 10 3/4″
- Impulse Bar Sealer with Cutter (Special)
- Labels with personal greeting (Vista Print’s return address labels are nice for cookie favors)
- Make as many batches of sugar cookies as you need and allow them to cool completely. For several batches; bake, cool and freeze until ready to decorate. Each batch makes approximately 21 – 2 ounce cookies.
- Lay down wax or parchment paper on the counter or cookie sheets.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate discs in the microwave at low or medium power. Stir often and cook just until melted. TIP: It’s easier to work with smaller batches of chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate into the squeeze bottle and decorate the sugar cookies in a swirl pattern.
- Before the chocolate dries sprinkle on the edible glitter and iridescent glitter. TIP: John & I work together, I drizzle the chocolate and John sprinkles the glitters.
- Allow the chocolate to set completely.
- Place each decorated cookie into a gusseted cellophane bag, seal and cut of excess with a bar sealer.
- Put the personalized label on each cellophane bag.
Other posts you might also enjoy!
Thanks, we appreciate you!