If chewy oats and chocolate are your thing, then you’re gonna love these No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars! They’re super delicious and will keep your kitchen cool. I am so glad I found this recipe and have made these dessert bars many times in the past few months. These bars are also the reason for my (accidental, but so glad it turned out that way) No Bake Cherry Almond Granola. If you’re a granola lover, you’ll definitely want to check out that tasty recipe too.
Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir to mix thoroughly. Add the oats and cook while stirring over low to medium heat for 2-3 minutes. See cooking note below.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats, rolled or instant (I used rolled oats)
- Ingredients for the chocolate layer:
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 9" x 9" square baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir to mix thoroughly. Add the oats and cook while stirring over low to medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Press about 2 cups of the mixture into the greased baking pan, reserve the rest for the top.
- In a small sauce pan, over low heat, melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips together. Stirring constantly until smooth and creamy. Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and spread evenly with a spatula, or the back of a spoon.
- Crumble the reserved oat mixture over the chocolate layer, then press in gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars. Use a pizza cutter to make perfect squares.
Grease hands with baking spray or use a piece of wax paper to press down the chewy oat mixture.
For quicker chilling: Place the bars in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until set. Then take out of freezer and allow to come to room temperature before cutting into bars (about 30-45 minutes).
The cook time is actually the chilling time.
Recipe source. I’ve made these bars several times and by using my notes you can make them successfully too!
These No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars tastes a lot like my Gooey O’Henry Bars, but there’s no baking. So, they take a little less time and energy. Go ahead and whip some up today. You’ll be so glad you did!