Hello and happy weekend. Today I’m bringing you a colorful and fun Super Man Cake with Fluffy Lite Topping! You’ll amaze your friends with the bright marbled colors of this cake, that are similar to Super Man ice cream. But, you can enjoy this delicious guilt-free cake too, because it’s low in fat and calories. I used my lower calorie cake tip, egg whites and a lite whipped topping, to make it a skinny dessert that tastes really great!
Our colorful, moist and lite Super Man Cake with Fluffy Lite Topping is super tasty and similar to a Twinkie!
Make cake according to the instructions on the box. TIP: Use my lower calorie cake tip to reduce the fat and calories substantially. Divide the batter into four (4) bowls. Add 20-25 drops of individual food colorings to each bowl and stir.
- 1 - 15.25 ounce white or vanilla cake mix
- 1¼ cup water
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 egg whites
- 20 drops each green, yellow, blue and red food coloring (for the divided batters)
- For the topping: 12 ounces lite whipped topping (Cool Whip or store brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and flour two (2) 9" round pans, then tap out the excess flour. Make cake according to the instructions on the box but use the ingredients listed in this recipe (for a lighter cake).
- Divide the batter into four (4) bowls and add the food coloring drops to each bowl, stirring each bowl to blend thoroughly.
- Put ½ of the first color right in the middle of each prepared pan. Shake gently to distribute the batter evenly. Repeat with the other three (3) colors, placing the batter right in the middle each time, then shake gently to evenly distribute.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10-15 minutes, then flip them onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before placing on a serving plate and frosting.
- Put a layer of lite whipped topping on the first cooled cake. You don't need to go all the way to the edge, because the next cake will spread out the topping a little. Place the second cake on and cover the top of the cake with the lite whipped topping, lifting up with the back of a spoon to make soft fluffy peaks. Cover the sides with the lite whipped topping, with the same technique to make soft fluffy peaks again.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Use a large cookie scooper to divide the cake batter evenly. Add 20-25 drops of individual food colorings to each bowl and stir.
Use my toothpick tip (link below recipe) to insure your cakes are moist and perfectly baked every time.
When using low-fat mayonnaise and egg whites the cakes may bake a little faster. Mine baked in 25 minutes, instead of the recommended time on the cake box.
Looking for more delicious cake recipes?
Here are a few you may also enjoy!
So, what do you think of my Super Man Cake with Fluffy Lite Topping? It’s fun for kids of all ages because of its bright colors and delicious Twinkie taste – yum!
I hope you have a beautiful weekend and see you next time on My Sweet Mission.
This recipe is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – All Things Thursday Blog Hop – Saturday Sparks Link Party
This post may contain links to affiliate products that may assist you in making my Super Man Cake with Fluffy Lite Topping. Please see my disclosure policy.