We welcomed our first grandchild into our family, a little girl named Laila June!!! She’s absolutely perfect, not because I’m the grandma or anything, she just is. (wink-wink) So, today I’m sharing with you the adorable little cookie favors I made for Chelsea & Kenny’s shower and the invitations we created from VistaPrint. John & I gave them a baby shower at a local restaurant called Big Bear Lodge and their invitation had a teddy bear on it. So, we decided to keep the teddy bear theme going by making these adorable little Baby Bear Claw Cookie Favors and they’re actually quite easy.
Pull the small bows. Hole punch the decorative hearts and thread the ribbon from the bows through the holes.
Baby Bear Claw Cookie Favors
- Fudgey chocolate cookies
- Almond slivers
- Gusseted cellophane bags 4″ x 2 3/4″ x 10 3/4″(Uline)
- Small colorful pull bows (Nashville Wraps)
- Glittered hearts or decorations of choice (Dollar Tree Store)
- Hole puncher
- Make some mini fudgey chocolate cookie dough. TIP: See my top 10 tips for perfect cookies. Use a 1 ounce cookie scooper and place on cookie sheets. Press down about 1/2 way, then press the almond slivers into the end of the dough.
- Bake in a preheated 360 degrees oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until the tops just start to crackle. Then cool completely.
- Place two (2) small cookies in each bag with the flat sides together and the toenails facing out.
- Pull the small bows. Hole punch the decorative hearts and thread the ribbon from the bows through the holes.
- Take the cellophane bags with the cookies in them and tie a bow around each bag. Cut off about 1/2 of the excess cellophane at the top and fluff a little.
Other fun recipes you may also enjoy!
Chelsea & Kenny loved these Baby Bear Claw Cookie Favors and enjoyed their shower. They’re going to make wonderful parents and we thank God for our little Laila girl!
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This post is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – All Things Thursday Blog Hop – Saturday Sparks Link Party –