We were in Washington state for the birth of our first grand-daughter, Laila and our daughter, Chelsea requested that I make a batch of my Fudgy Double Chocolate Cookies. My Fudgy White Chocolate Cookies are popular at Baxter’s, but Chelsea really loves these fudgy cookies, they’re one of her favorites. I thought it’s the least I could do since she just gave birth to our first grand-daughter. 😉 So, I whipped up a batch of these soft fudgy cookies for her, well, for all of us. If you love rich chocolatey brownies, then these cookies will satisfy that craving!
Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then mix on medium and high speeds for about a minute each. The mixture should be pale yellow and very fluffy.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 - 12 ounce package milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar and salt. Beat on medium speed about a minute, or until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then mix on medium and high speeds, for about a minute each. The mixture should be pale yellow and very fluffy.
- Add the first cup of flour and the cocoa powder on low or stir speed, along with the baking powder and baking soda. This will insure the small dry ingredients are incorporated well and eliminates sifting. Add the remainder of flour and continue on low or stir speed, just until the flour disappears. Then add the milk chocolate chips and mix on low just until blended.
- Using a one (1) ounce cookie scooper, scoop the dough and place on un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 360 degrees F oven for approximately 8 - 10 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle.
I like to save a few chocolate chips for the last cookie. I also like to put one or two chips on top of each dough ball before baking.
For soft and chewy cookies be sure not to over bake.
Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
For perfect cookies every time see My Top 10 Tips for Perfect Cookies.
Other gourmet cookie recipes you may enjoy:
What’s your favorite gourmet cookie and why do you love it? We’re so excited that Chelsea and Kenny are visiting this week with little Laila! My family will get to meet her for the first time. There’s going to be lots of hugs & kisses for our little girl!
I hope you have a wonderful and safe Memorial weekend, and a special “Thank You” to all the men and women who have served and are defending our freedom and country so well. We love & appreciate you!
This recipe is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – Creative Ways Link Party – Saturday Sparks Link Party