With summer almost here, which means bathing suit season (ugh), I thought I’d share a healthy & delicious recipe today. This Healthy Taco Soup is really good, easy to make with just three simple steps, and it’s loaded with fiber – triple score! Our family has been enjoying this delicious soup for over 10 years now and we all love it.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 - 15.5 ounce can black eyed peas
- 1 - 15.5 ounce can black beans
- 1 - 16 ounce can chili beans (Bush's or similar)
- 1 - 16 ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 - 11 ounce can Mexicorn (Green Giant or similar)
- 2 - 10 ounce cans Mexican style diced tomatoes (Rotel or similar)
- 1 - 1 ounce packet taco seasoning (Lawry's, Taco Bell or similar)
- Brown ground sirloin in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients but do not drain liquids from the cans.
- Mix well and simmer for 1 - 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
More healthy & delicious recipes you may also enjoy!
This recipe is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – Creative Ways Link Party – Saturday Sparks Link Party