Creamy, homemade sweet whipped cream is absolutely delicious on almost any dessert. But, did you ever wonder how restaurants and bakeries make those beautiful whipped cream designs where the whipped cream holds its shape?! Well, the key is the way they make it and today I’ll show you How to Make Fresh Sweet Whipped Cream for Decorating Desserts.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled and very cold
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make sure the heavy whipping cream is stored in the refrigerator until ready to use and it is very cold. Pour it in a mixing bowl, along with the confectioners sugar and vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on the lowest speed beat until slightly thickened, gradually go to medium and then to high speed. Beat on high speed until it's very stiff. You should be able to see marks in the whipped cream and not actual peaks. It may not look pretty at this point, but this is the perfect texture for decorating, as it will be extra thick and able to keep its shape.
- Use a Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus to make pretty designs. You can also spread your fresh whipped cream on top of your desserts with a spatula or the back of a spoon, for a more rustic homemade look.
- Keep the dessert refrigerated until ready to serve and refrigerate any leftovers promptly.
Both the regular beater and the whipping attachment will work great. Additionally, either a glass or metal bowl works well.
To make softer whip cream dollops beat the whip cream just until soft peaks form and spoon onto desserts.
For piping and decorating desserts beat as directed.
I use and highly recommend the Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus.
Here are a few recipes with fresh sweet whipped cream you may also enjoy!
Making fresh sweet whipped cream using my easy steps will hold its shape for days and won’t go runny, which can be a problem when decorating desserts with fresh whipped cream. I think these steps are very important for beautiful and delicious whipped cream designs.
This weekend the USA celebrated the 4th of July. We would like to say a big “Thank You” to all the men and women who are serving or who have served our country to defend our freedom! Most of them have made many sacrifices for our country and we appreciate them so much!
We had a family wedding this weekend in Ohio that was a lot of fun. We hope you had a safe and enjoyable 4th of July weekend too!
This post is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – Creative Ways Link Party – Saturday Sparks Link Party