Welcome to Week 4 of Balance Your Life, where our goal is to share interesting and helpful information on how to balance your life with your Spirit, Mind, Body and Heart. This series has been a lot of fun so far and we hope you’re enjoying it as much as we are.
In my last Balance Your Life post I shared on Finding Peace where I talked about ways to add peace to your life and the week before I shared on Overcoming Fear. I sure hope you found these posts inspiring and helpful for your every day life. Today we’re switching things up with SWAP Week and I’ll be bringing you an amazing Creamy Spicy Pumpkin Soup just perfect for fall. Mmmm…it‘s so good!
Creamy Spicy Pumpkin Soup brings feelings of fall warmth and savory goodness! I froze some pumpkin last fall when I was creating my post on how to prepare pumpkin for recipes, and thought it would be awesome to use in some pumpkin soup. I had never made pumpkin soup before so I did a search and found one that sounded tasty, made a few changes and used half and half instead of heavy cream, to make it a touch lighter. I have to tell you it was truly amazing!!
My Mom and I couldn’t stop eating this delicious pumpkin soup and actually finished the whole thing! But, it makes a small batch and because it was our whole dinner with a piece of homemade bread it was perfect. The touch of homemade Cajun spice mix gives this delicious fall soup just the right little zesty kick.
Here’s our team for today’s SWAP Week:
Millie & Kristina @ 2 Crochet Hooks will be Team Spirit and will share an inspirational and encouraging message.
I will be Team Heart this week and sharing a delicious healthy recipe called Creamy Spicy Pumpkin Soup that’s just perfect for fall! Pumpkin is full of health benefits so this recipe is a heart smart one!
This creamy spicy pumpkin soup goes great with any one of our delicious homemade breads.
- 3½ cups broth or 2 (14.5) ounce cans of broth, I used 1 chicken & 1 vegetable broth
- 1 (15) ounce can pumpkin puree, or 1¾ cups homemade pumpkin puree
- ½ onion (about ½ cup chopped)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice mix, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ cup half and half cream
- ½ - 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Cut the onion in quarters and place it in a food processor with the clove of garlic, pulse until finely chopped.
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 - 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream just before serving and sprinkle with dried parsley (optional).
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
- Interesting posts about pumpkin:
8 Impressive Health Benefts of Pumpkin by HuffPost Healthy Living
Pumpkin nutrition facts by Power Your Diet
Baking with Fresh Pumpkin by All Recipes
Hungry for more delicious pumpkin recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!