Looking for an easy and delicious way to make pork chops? Well, John made these Crispy Pan Fried Pork Chops the other night and I gave them two thumbs up! These pork chops are so tasty and he had them on the table in no time at all. So, if you’re tired of dry, boring pork chops, make sure to give this tasty recipe a try!
We enjoyed these delicious pork chops with some golden brown pierogies and our Oriental salad, it was a great meal for sure! I have to say, the most difficult part about these amazing pork chops was taking the pictures. They smelled so good, I couldn’t wait to take a bite of them! If your pork chops are lacking a little taste, try this recipe – we think you’ll love it!
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, lean chops with fat removed
- ¼ cup flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 large egg + 1 tablespoon water, beaten
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs, whole wheat or white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup olive or vegetable oil, or enough oil to cover the bottom of a large frying pan
- Put the flour, beaten egg and bread crumbs on three (3) separate plates.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until it's hot, then reduce the heat to medium high.
- While the oil is heating, sprinkle the pork chops with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Dip the seasoned pork in the flour, then the beaten egg, then press into the bread crumbs, coating evenly on both sides.
- Carefully place each pork chop in the hot oil. Cook and brown over medium high heat about 3-5 minutes per side. When both sides are evenly browned, cut into the thickest parts to make sure each chop is cooked thoroughly. Serve immediately for a delicious crispy pork chop.
Our boneless pork chops were thin cut and cooked quite quickly. But, if your chops are thicker you may need to lower the heat and cook a minute or two longer on each side, or until the meat is white inside.
Concerned about the calories and fat from pan frying? About half of the olive oil was left in the pan after cooking the chops.
Looking for more delicious crunchy entrées?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!