This Oriental Chicken Salad is crunchy and savory with the perfect touch of sweetness. It’s hardy enough to serve as a meal, or make it without the chicken and it’s a perfect side dish. Forget the coleslaw this Thanksgiving and make this crunchy salad for your guests, they’ll love you for it! If you enjoy recipes with an Asian flare, then this dish will have your taste buds doing the happy dance.
- 1 Oriental seasoning packet (from the Ramen soup package)
- ¼ cup vinegar, white or apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Ingredients for the chicken Salad:
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped (approximately one small chicken breast)
- 1 pound package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 - 3 ounce package Ramen Noodles, Oriental flavor
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- ¾ cup salted and roasted sunflower seeds
- Place the dressing ingredients in a shaker container, put the lid on tightly and shake until well blended. Place the dressing in the fridge while cooking the chicken and toasting the noodles & nuts.
- Oven roast or cook the chicken, that's been lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. Allow the chicken to cool, then cut in to pieces.
- Crush the Oriental noodles (in the bag) and put them in a large pan, add the slivered almonds & sunflower seeds. Cook over medium high heat about 5 minutes, stirring gently to avoid burning. You'll be able to smell the nuts and noodles when they're toasted.
- In a large bowl put the shredded coleslaw mix, the toasted noodle & nut mixture and the chopped chicken.
- Drizzle the dressing and toss well to coat evenly. Serve immediately for a super crisp and crunchy salad.
Looking for more delicious chicken recipes ?
Here are a few you may also enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share & comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This recipe is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – Creative Ways Link Party – Saturday Sparks Link Party