I was recently contacted by Chobani to participate in their #MadeWithChobani project, where selected bloggers were asked to come up with a unique and healthy recipe using Chobani yogurt. Since baking is my passion, and it happened to be John’s birthday, I created a delicious Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze, using Chobani’s 0% Fat Greek yogurt, some freshly squeezed orange juice and a yellow cake mix. Easy, healthier and delicious!
The cranberry and orange is always a great combination! And, switching out the 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (960 calories) for Chobani’s Greek Yogurt 0% Fat (only 90 calories) saves this cake 870 calories and 112 grams of fat!! I got this idea from my lower calorie cake tip and thought I’d try it with Chobani’s creamy yogurt. It worked great and you would never know this cake is much lower in fat and calories, because it’s super moist and bursting with flavor!
Using whole cranberries and freshly squeezed orange juice gives this healthier cake some fresh and bright flavors!
Place a few cranberries in the bottom of a greased bundt cake, that way when you flip the cake onto a platter the cranberries will show up on top.
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the top is firm and lightly golden brown. Note: Use my toothpick tip to make sure it’s baked perfectly.
Oh yeah, there’s those juicy cranberries bursting with fresh flavor. What a pretty cake, even without the orange glaze and almond slivers!
Place small pieces of wax paper under the edge of the cake. Make the orange glaze and drizzle over the cake in a pretty pattern. Next sprinkle the almond slivers on to the wet glaze. Carefully remove the pieces of wax paper.
John loves the flavors of cranberry and orange together and he said this cake was really moist and delicious. We had fun celebrating his birthday and ended the day enjoying this cake with my parents, they loved it too!
This Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze is super delicious and we think it’s pretty too!
Just look at those fresh cranberries throughout the cake bursting with juicy flavor!
- 1 (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 (5.3 oz) Chobani Greek Yogurt 0% Fat, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 medium navel oranges, juiced - approximately ½ cup juice
- ½ cup water, or enough water to bring the liquid total 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- Ingredients for the orange glaze:
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons almond slivers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a bundt pan.
- Place the cake mix, yogurt, eggs, orange juice, water and orange zest in a mixing bowl. Follow the mixing instructions on the cake box. Then stir in the fresh cranberries.
- Place a few cranberries on the bottom of the greased bundt pan, pour the batter in and smooth the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30 - 35 minutes, or until the top is firm and lightly golden brown.
- Cool 5 - 10 minutes, then carefully turn onto a serving platter. Cool completely before glazing.
- In a microwavable safe bowl melt the butter. Add the confectioners sugar and orange juice, then stir to combine well.
- Place small pieces of wax paper under the edge of the cake. Pour the glaze into a squeeze bottle and drizzle over the cake in a back and forth pattern. Next sprinkle the almond slivers while the glaze is still wet. Carefully remove the pieces of wax paper.
Hungry for more deliciously light cake recipes?
Here are a couple you may also enjoy!