White Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Cookies!
Today I’m bringing you a delicious and pretty recipe for my White Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Cookies. These yummy little bites are both a white chocolate treat with an amazing cranberry cookie inside! I usually make these cookies with the white chocolate chips blended into the dough. But, the other day I thought I would dress them up for the holidays by dipping them in white chocolate and putting a dried cranberry on top – and they turned out great! These holiday cookies are buttery sweet with a touch of tartness – a perfectly dreamy flavor combination in my cookie world!
My White Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Cookies are a buttery cranberry cookie covered in creamy white chocolate. A dreamy, sweet and tart cookie for sure!
You can actually eat these delicious little cranberry cookies right like this, but dipping them in white chocolate takes them over the top!
Just look at those scrumptious little Christmas cookies, all lined up and ready for dessert platters all around the world! Hey, a girl’s gotta dream. 🙂
My original Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies are one of Kenny’s favorite cookies, but he loved that they were dipped in white chocolate, and thought these were even more delicious than the original recipe. We all agreed!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup ground oats
- 1½ cups flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped (plus 32 dried cranberries for the tops)
- Ingredients for dipping:
- ¾ - 1 pound quality white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. I prefer this temperature for most gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, sugar and salt. Mix on low speed for about 45 seconds, then medium for an additional 45 seconds.
- Add the eggs & vanilla extract. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then mix on medium for 45 seconds and then on high for another 45 seconds. The mixture should be a pale yellow color and very fluffy.
- Add the ground oats, the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda and blend on low or stir speed. This will insure the baking powder and baking soda are incorporated well and eliminates sifting. Continuing on low or stir speed, add the remaining flour and blend until the flour is incorporated. Then stir in the chopped dried cranberries.
- Using a small cookie scooper, place the dough on an un-greased non-stick baking sheet about 1" - 1½" apart. Bake in a preheated 360 degrees F oven for 7-9 minutes, or until the cookies are a pale golden color. Cool completely before dipping in chocolate.
- Carefully melt the white chocolate in a microwavable safe bowl, cooking at one (1) minute intervals at 50% power and stirring after each minute.
- Dip each cooled cookie in the melted chocolate, tap the excess off gently and place on wax or parchment paper. While the chocolate is still wet place a dried cranberry on top.
Easily chop the dried cranberries using a small food processor.
If you want your cookies a little less sweet, decrease the sugar by 2 tablespoons.
When melting the chocolate, check and stir often to avoid burning it.
Allow the chocolate to set up before storing in an airtight container.
More about Chocoley:
Have you heard of Chocoley Chocolates? They have some of the most amazing products, like melting and drizzling chocolates, ready to use gourmet centers, flavoring oils and so much more!
Looking for more delicious cookie recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites!
as much as our family does!
See you tomorrow for another deliciously delightful Christmas post –
I promise you won’t want to miss it!