We love gourmet cookies and they just happen to be one of my specialties. So, in honor of Valentine’s Day I’m sharing my beautiful Chocolate Decorated Heart Shaped Cookies. They’re decorated with Chocoley’s delicious chocolates and some of their adorable sprinkles, which add that extra touch!
We’ll start out with our family’s famous sugar cookie recipe, which are truly amazing with the original buttery frosting, but decorating them with two creamy chocolates takes them to a whole new level! And, these pretty cookies are a perfect gift for that someone special!
Chocolate Decorated Heart Shaped Cookies
- 1 batch homemade sugar cookies
- 3/4 pound high quality dark chocolate
- 3/4 pound high quality white chocolate
- 2 medium bowls
- 1 spatula or spoon
- Pink Nonpareils
- Edible Confetti Red Hearts
- Parchment or wax paper
- Follow the recipe and instructions for my homemade sugar cookies, but bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes, if you’re heart shaped cookie cutter is a little bigger like mine is. Put the cookies on a cooling rack until cooled completely.
- Melt the dark chocolate. Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, spread it on half of each cookie in alternating pretty designs. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate with the pink nonpareils or the edible confetti red hearts and place on parchment paper. Allow the chocolate to set until firm.
- Follow step #2 for the white chocolate as well.
Heather’s Notes & Tips:
- TIP: For perfect cookies every time use my top 10 tips for perfect cookies.
- TIP: If the chocolate becomes stiff while decorating, just place the bowl in the microwave and cook at full power for 10-15 seconds, then stir until smooth. Be careful not to burn the chocolate by getting it too hot.
- Note: I spread the dark and white chocolates on alternating sides, tops and bottoms, so the patterns are randomly pretty.
- TIP: Sprinkle the toppings over separate paper towels (one for each decorating sprinkles) so you can return the excess to their bottles.
Chocoley has some of the most amazing products, like melting and drizzling chocolates, ready to use gourmet centers, flavoring oils and so much more. Check out their products, resources, tips and recipes, then go ahead and make a delicious Chocoley chocolate creation for you and your family.
Other delicious recipes that say I love you!
What’s your favorite Valentine chocolatey treat? Do you buy it or make it yourself?
This post may contain affiliate links to products that may assist you in making my Chocolate Decorated Heart Shaped Cookies. Please see my disclosure policy.