If carrots are one of your favorite veggies then you’re going to love these Maple Glazed Carrots! They’re warm and buttery with a touch of maple goodness. Everyone knows that carrots are a super food, high in vitamin A and other nutrients that are good for your health. Plus, they’re so delicious, especially when they’re cooked in a glaze made from a touch of butter and pure maple syrup.
Our warm buttery Maple Glazed Carrots are the perfect side dish for almost any meal!
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon (a pinch) black pepper, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley, optional
- In a large skillet combine the baby carrots, maple syrup, butter, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir and reduce heat to medium-low, with the skillet partially covered. Cook approximately 12-15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and the liquid is reduced to a sticky glaze. Gently stir a couple of times during cooking.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley (optional), stir gently and serve.
If the carrots are cooked before the glaze is thickened, remove the cover, increase the heat to medium high and cook until the liquid is thickened to a sticky glaze.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes.
Other delicious savory recipes you may also enjoy!