We love Chinese food, especially a really good orange chicken dish! So, when my Mom came across this recipe for orange chicken I just had to give it a try. But, I added a pinch of red pepper flakes, because we love spicy foods, and this slow cooker spicy orange chicken turned out awesome!
Forget the Chinese take out for the big game and make your family and friends a batch of this amazing slow cooker spicy orange chicken.
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 1¼ pounds)
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce (we love Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon (a pinch) red pepper flakes, optional or to taste
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the breasts, drain the liquid, then return the breasts to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl mix the orange marmalade, BBQ sauce, soy sauce and red pepper flakes together. Pour mixture over the chicken, cover the slow cooker and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- Put the chicken on individual plates and spoon sauce over before serving.
Recipe adapted from MyFridgeFood.
More delicious chicken recipes you may also enjoy!