Today’s recipe is inspired by two of my favorite recipes using Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips. I was recently contacted by The Daily Meal to participate in Tyson’s Crispy Chicken Strips Campaign, but all opinions are 100% my own. For this campaign Tyson asked food bloggers to create a delicious and creative recipe using their tasty chicken strips. Well, I knew exactly what recipe I would make and I’m calling it Sweet & Spicy Crispy Chicken Wraps with Oriental Slaw.
The chicken strips are baked in a sauce from my Mom’s Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites, which is one of our family’s favorite appetizers. And, the Oriental slaw is inspired by another family favorite, Oriental chicken salad. We thought the two flavors would go well together and they sure did!
- Ingredients for the Sweet & Spicy Chicken Strips:
- 1½ pounds (25 oz) Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips (approximately 1 pound chicken strips for the glazed ones)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- Ingredients for the Oriental dressing:
- 1 Oriental seasoning packet (from the Ramen soup package)
- ¼ cup vinegar, white or apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Ingredients for the Oriental Slaw:
- 1 - 14 oz package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 - 3 oz package Ramen Noodles (with the Oriental seasoning packet removed for the dressing)
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- Additional ingredient:
- 8 soft flour tortilla shells, white or whole grain
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat butter in a microwavable bowl until melted, add the honey and hot sauce, stir to combine.
- Place all the crispy chicken strips on a foil lined 9" x 13" baking pan. Brush the sauce evenly over 8 of the chicken strips, approximately 1 pound. Leave a few strips for those that don't like spicy foods.
- Place the chicken in a preheated 400 degree F oven and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn the glazed chicken strips over and coat the other side with sauce. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a shaker container, put the lid on tightly and shake until well blended. Place the dressing in the fridge while baking the chicken and toasting the noodles & nuts.
- Crush the Oriental noodles (in the bag) and put them in a baking pan, add the slivered almonds and toss lightly. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl put the shredded coleslaw mix and the cooled toasted noodle & nut mixture. Drizzle the dressing and toss well to coat evenly.
- Take a soft flour tortilla shell and put a scoop of slaw down the middle. Top the slaw with one or two chicken strips (depending on the size of the wrap and chicken strips). Fold the bottom up and then the sides in and secure with a toothpick or two.
You can add a little more honey, if you like your chicken sweeter, or a touch more hot sauce, if you like them spicier.
You'll need to double the sweet & spicy sauce ingredients if you want all the chicken strips coated.
You'll be able to smell the noodle and nut mixture when they're toasted.
Information on Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips:
- Made with 100% all natural ingredients
- Made with white meat chicken
- 0 grams Trans Fat
- No Preservatives
Looking for more delicious chicken recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!