Do you love brownies? We sure do, especially when they’re part of a hot fudge sundae! I made these Adorable Heart Shaped Brownies the other day to go with my new hot fudge sauce recipe (coming soon, so stop by and scoop it up (pun intended). We put these two recipes together for some amazing brownie sundaes.
These adorable heart shaped brownies are easy, using a brownie mix, and they’re delicious too! Generously sprinkled with confetti red hearts and pink nonpareils making them perfect for Valentine’s Day. If you like these adorable brownies then you might like my chocolate decorated heart shaped cookies too.
Adorable Heart Shaped Brownies
- 1 – 17.6 ounce brownie mix, any flavor (9″ pan size)
- Additional ingredients listed on box; egg(s), water and vegetable oil
Decorative Valentine sprinkles:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease a 9″ or 11″ pan.
- Place brownie mix, egg(s), water, and oil in a large bowl and stir until well blended, but not over mixed.
- Pour batter into greased pan and sprinkle with confetti red hearts and pink nonpareils.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30-33 minutes. Use my toothpick tip to make sure the brownies are baked perfectly.
- Cool completely in pan. Cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
Heather’s Notes & Tips:
- Note: John likes cake-like brownies and I like fudgy. So, we compromised by using these ingredients: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water and 1/3 cup oil.
- Note: The box calls for a 9″ pan. But, you can use an 11″ pan like I did. The brownies will be just a little bit thinner and easier for cutting out the hearts.
- TIP: Cut the heart shapes about 1/2″ away from the sides of the pan, because the brownies will be softer, making the hearts easier to cut out.
- Note: Servings sizes and quantities will vary depending on the size of the pan and cookie cutter used.
Other delicious recipes for your special Valentine!