Hello muffin lovers! I know you’re out there, because I’m a muffin lover too. Today I’m sharing my Sugar Crusted Raspberry Muffins that are amazingly moist, full of raspberries and sprinkled with sugar – for a muffin that really glistens!
Raspberries are in season and muffins are all the rage. Just like my bakery style blueberry muffins, these yummy muffins are loaded with juicy berries too.
As a matter of fact, I promise you’ll get that wonderful raspberry flavor in each and every bite!
In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, approximately two (2) minutes. Next, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the vanilla extract and beat until blended again.
Note: Level the scooper for this recipe to insure you get 12 muffins out of the batter.
Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 30 minutes, or until the tops are light golden brown and a little firm to the touch.
Note: Check the muffins at 25 minutes because oven temperatures may vary and you don’t want to over bake them.
These sugar crusted raspberry muffins are awesome just the way they are, there’s really no need for butter or honey.
- 2 cups flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries, approximately 6 ounces
- 3 - 4 tablespoons granulated sugar (for the tops)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, place the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, approximately 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat until blended again.
- With a spoon, stir in half of the flour, then half of the milk. Repeat, stirring with each addition just until blended.
- Gently fold in the raspberries, being careful not to over mix and mash the berries too much.
- Using a large (3 ounce) cookie scooper place the batter into the prepared muffin tin and cupcake liners. Then generously sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are light golden brown and a little firm to the touch.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin a few minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
Check the muffins after baking for 25 minutes because oven temperatures may vary and you don't want to over bake them.
If the muffins stick to the tin, run a knife under the tops and gently remove.
Other delicious berry recipes you may enjoy!
Happy Father’s Day to each and every father! And, if you have a father make sure to treat them extra special today and make them a yummy dessert!