July is National Ice Cream Month – Yay! So, in honor of this creamy, cool and dreamy treat we are sharing our No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with you! There’s no need for special equipment or rock salt. Just a mixer and a few luscious ingredients and you’ll have a delicious cool treat to serve your family and friends.
What could be better than a scoop (or two!) of rich and creamy chocolate chocolate chip ice cream on a hot summer’s day? I sure can’t think of anything. And, this No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is super easy to make and worth the wait!
Just look how deliciously, smooth and creamy it is.
As a matter of fact, I think it tastes like the chocolate ice cream (which is actually frozen custard) at one of our favorite restaurants in Michigan. We happened to be in Michigan recently and had some of their chocolate ice cream, and I have to say, ours tasted just as good – if not even better!
In a medium bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder. Set aside.
In a large bowl beat the heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. *See note below for mess-free mixing.
Add the sweetened milk and chocolate mixture to the whipped cream and fold together.
Just look at those luscious ribbons of chocolate…it’s so good!
About 1/2 way through add the chocolate chips and continue to fold until combined.
We think this is the perfect amount of chocolate chippy-ness! But, you can add as much or as little of the mini chocolate chips as you want.
You’ll be tempted to eat this fluffy decadent mixture by the spoonful but try to resist, I promise it’s worth it! Hey, but go right ahead and lick the the spatula, I definitely did.
Pour into a loaf pan or a 2 quart container and smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
Freeze approximately 6-8 hours, or until firm. You can also make this ice cream the day before and freeze overnight. Wake up to ice cream for breakfast? Yes, please! No, I’m just kidding…well, maybe I’m not.
Homemade no churn chocolate chocolate chip ice cream just doesn’t get any better than this. And, it’s so easy to make that you may never buy chocolate ice cream again!
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, (2 cups) very cold
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. *See note below for mess-free mixing.
- Add the sweetened milk and chocolate mixture to the whipped cream and fold together. About ½ way through add the chocolate chips and continue to fold until combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan or a 2 quart container and smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for approximately 6-8 hours, or until firm.
This ice cream can be made and frozen the day before.
The cook time is actually the time needed to freeze the ice cream.
Recipe adapted from The Comfort of Cooking
Other delicious recipes you may also enjoy!
Have you ever made homemade ice cream? Was it an easy no churn recipe or did you use an ice cream machine? Please share your homemade ice cream with us in the comments below.