Our Favorite Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing has been a family favorite for many years! The reason for this long time love affair is because of the sweet and savory ingredients and our delicious red wine vinegar poppy seed dressing. This crispy, crunchy salad is great for lunch, but because it’s also packed with some high protein ingredients this salad is substantial and fulfilling enough to serve for dinner too!
Our Favorite Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing has fresh crispy spinach, bacon, sweet red onions and grapes, with crunchy pecan pieces and chopped eggs, then it all gets drizzled with our pretty pink poppy seed dressing.
We brought this salad to a dinner party recently and everyone really enjoyed it!
Make a batch of our Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing and allow it to chill in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
If you haven’t tried this salad dressing yet, do yourself a favor and make up a batch. Because it is truly an awesome salad dressing recipe to keep on hand!
Boil and chop the eggs. For perfect boiled eggs follow our easy steps and you’ll get perfect boiled eggs every time, that easily come right out of the shell!
I just had to share this handy tool with you because I love our little Vidalia Chop Wizard and use it all the time for chopping onions – it’s a huge time saver! But, I thought I’d try it for chopping boiled eggs and it worked perfectly! The eggs were chopped with one single press and the pieces were uniform. There’s no messy cutting board to clean, just thoroughly rinse the tool in warm soapy water or put it in the dishwasher.
Features of the Vidalia Chop Wizard:
- Chop vegetables, fruit, cheese, and more in half the time
- Handy gadget chops and dices veggies with one swift motion
- Includes 2 super sharp (different size) insert discs for perfect chopping and dicing every time
- Catch container doubles as a measuring cup with marks from 1/2 cup up to 2 cups
- Includes handy lid cleaning tool
- Dishwasher safe
Hey, for around $20 the Vidalia Chop Wizard makes a great gift for the foodies in your life!
While the eggs are cooking: Wash the spinach (if not pre-washed), cook and drain the bacon (pork-free option below), rinse and drain the grapes, thinly slice the onion and chop the pecans. Shown here are all the ingredients including the chilled red wine vinegar poppy seed dressing.
To plate the salad: Start with a generous handful of spinach, then evenly divide the other ingredients between the plates. Drizzle the salad with the poppy seed dressing and serve cold.
Pork-free option: Just switch out the bacon for some roasted or crispy chicken pieces. We had the salad above a couple days after our dinner party (to use up our spinach and because we were craving it!) and it was very filling and a healthier dinner too.
- 1 batch of Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing (recipe link below)
- 5-6 boiled eggs (link for perfect boiled eggs below)
- ½ lb baby spinach (we used triple washed organic)
- 1 (2.5 oz) package fully cooked bacon, or approximately 10 slices cooked and drained
- ¾ lb red grapes, rinsed and drained (approximately 2 cups)
- ½ medium red or purple onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Make a batch of our Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing (recipe link below) and allow it to chill in the fridge for ½ hour.
- Boil and chop the eggs (link for perfect boiled eggs below).
- While the eggs are cooking: Wash the spinach (if not pre-washed), cook and drain the bacon, rinse and drain the grapes, thinly slice the onion and chop the pecans.
- To plate the salad: Start with a generous handful of spinach, then evenly divide the other ingredients between the plates. Drizzle the salad with the poppy seed dressing and serve cold.
Hungry for more delicious soup & salad recipes?
Here are a few you might also love!