Coconut Walnut Date Squares have heart healthy oats, they’re naturally sweetened, high in fiber, rich in nutrients and full of flavor! These delicious squares also happen to be vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free. So, if you have food allergies, or even if you don’t, do yourself a favor and bring a little natural goodness and energy to your day.
I just love the flavor combination of oats, coconut, walnuts and dates. These healthy ingredients make for a great tasting snack, or dessert. As a matter of fact, they make a great breakfast bar, because they’re naturally sweet and don’t have added sugars.
They’re perfect for holiday dessert platters too. No one will know they’re healthy because they’re so good!
In a large bowl add the dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt. Mix together on the lowest speed until blended. See note below.
Add the oats, coconut and chopped walnuts. Mix on low speed until the ingredients are well combined.
Press the mixture evenly into a 9″x9″ baking pan.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Cool and cut into bars.
Oh boy, you’re about to sink your teeth into a delicious and healthier treat!
- 1 (13 oz) package baking dates (date paste)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add the dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt. Mix together on the lowest speed until blended. See note below.
- Add the oats, coconut and chopped walnuts. Mix on low speed until the ingredients are well combined.
- Press mixture evenly into a 9"x9" baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Health Benefits of Dates:
Check out our 1st Cookbook Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s a delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family-favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There’s also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is perfect for gift-giving!
Hungry for more delicious oat recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!