Our easy Semi-Homemade Asparagus Soup is rich and creamy with tender pieces of asparagus, onions and potatoes. It’s a warm and hearty soup you’re sure to love!
Mmmm…the chunky texture of this creamy soup comes from the sauteed onions and asparagus, and tender pieces of potatoes.
There’s really nothing to making this soup. Just boil the potatoes, set them aside to cool and dice into bite sized pieces.
Saute the onion and asparagus. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. Yep, that’s it. And, you’ve got yourself a hot, creamy soup in about 40 minutes.
The reason it’s called “Semi-Homemade” is because this recipe uses three different condensed cream soups, for a yummy rich broth.
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked & diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, rinsed & chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 oz) cream of celery soup
- 1 (10.5 oz) cream of potato soup
- 3 cans milk, approximately 4 cups
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Wash and cut the potatoes into quarters. Place them in a pan, cover with water and boil until tender. Set aside to cool, then dice into bite sized pieces.
- In a skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil, onions and asparagus. Stir and cook until tender, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper and stir to combine. Add the condensed soups, milk, parsley and the cooked potatoes. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat but keep it simmering and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
Hey, have you seen our 1st Cookbook Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s a delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There’s also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is perfect for gift-giving!
Looking for more delicious soup recipes?
Here are a few you may also enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.