Loaded Oatmeal Cookies are full of chewy, healthy oats, rich semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweet coconut and chopped walnuts. Oh, the combination in these cookies is awesome! We’re always trying to eat a little healthier so, I made these Loaded Oatmeal Cookies the other day, and they turned out really great!
You may know, I was a baker at a restaurant for a couple of years, where I made hundreds of cookies, muffins, dessert bars, quick breads, and brownies each week. But, cookies were, and probably will always be, my specialty.
Make the dough and remember to save a little of the mix-ins for the last bit of cookie dough. Then use a 2 ounce (medium-sized) cookie scooper and place the dough on ungreased non-stick baking sheets about 2″ a part. Press the dough down lightly.
I don’t know about you but, I love cookie dough, and oatmeal cookie dough is by far one of my very favorites!
Bake in a preheated 360 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and are light golden brown.
Cool completely before storing these deliciously awesome cookies in an airtight container. It’s usually good to transfer cookies to a cooling rack. But, did you know you don’t have to cool all cookies on a cooling rack? Yep, just completely cool these cookies right on their baking sheets before transferring them to an airtight container.
Chelsea and Kenny know how much I love to make cookies, so they got me this nifty Wilton Mega Spatula for Christmas, and I LOVE it! No more removing one cookie at a time and it’s also great for flipping large pancakes.
We enjoyed these Loaded Oatmeal Cookies with my Dad recently. Then while we were walking home we came across a few neighbors, passed out these cookies and everyone loved them too!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. I prefer this oven temperature for most gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, sugars and salt. Mix on low speed for a minute, then on medium for an additional minute.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix on low speed until the eggs are blended in, then on medium for a minute and then on high for an additional minute. The mixture should be pale yellow and very fluffy.
- Continuing on low speed, add the flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda, and mix until the flour disappears. Then add the oats and mix on low again, just until blended.
- Add the chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts, saving a little of each for the last bit of cookie dough. Mix on low just until blended.
- Use a 2 ounce (medium-sized) cookie scooper and place the dough on ungreased non-stick baking sheets about 2" a part. Press the dough down lightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and are light golden brown.
Serve warm or cool completely before storing in an airtight container. These cookies also freeze well for up to 6 months.
Hey, have you seen our 1st Cookbook Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s a delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There’s also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is perfect for gift-giving!
Looking for more delicious cookie recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
If you enjoyed our Loaded Oatmeal Cookies, please share & comment. Thanks, we appreciate you!