If you’re looking for quick and easy, but super delicious dessert bars, then try our Swirled Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! They are rich and chocolatey and taste like the best chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had, but in impressive cookie bars!
You’re going to love how the swirled chocolate dresses up these delicious bars. And, the amazing part is, it only takes 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to make them rich and chocolatey, instead of the usual 2 cups of chocolate chips in regular chocolate chip cookies! This saves a lot of calories, but we promise you’ll never miss that extra cup of chocolate, promise. 😉
Mmmm…buttery cookie dough with chocolate swirled throughout – these bars are impressive looking, but, oh so easy.
Ok, let’s get baking:
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a 9″ x 13″ pan.
- In a large bowl, on low speed cream together 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add 2 large eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, beat at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, approximately a minute.
- Continuing on low speed, blend in 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon baking soda. Next add the remainder of the flour and blend on low speed, just until it disappears.
- Place large scoops of dough in a greased baking pan and spread it out evenly.
- Srinkle 1 cup chocolate chips on top and bake in a preheated 350º F oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and swirl the chocolate chips into the dough using a knife.
- Put the bars back into the oven and bake an additional 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown and the center is firm to the touch and doesn’t jiggle.
- Make sure not to overbake, these bars are best when they’re moist and just a little gooey.
- Cool before cutting and storing in an airtight container.
Look at all that chocolatey goodness, swirled into a buttery cookie dough! It’s dessert heaven and they’re easy to make too – BONUS! We hope you give our Swirled Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars a try. If you do, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup sugar, granulated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a large bowl, on low speed cream together the softened butter, sugars and salt. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, beat at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, approximately a minute.
- Continuing on low speed, blend in the first cup of flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the remainder of the flour and blend on low speed, just until it disappears.
- Place large scoops of dough in a greased baking pan, spread it evenly and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Bake in a preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and swirl the chocolate chips into the dough using a knife.
- Put the bars back into the oven and bake an additional 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown and the center is firm to the touch and doesn't jiggle.
Check out Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family-favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! And, a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully, is only $4.99 and perfect for gift-giving! Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. 🙂
Looking for more delicious dessert bar recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.