These Cranberry Orange Brussels Sprouts are savory, sweet, a little tart and a delicious beautiful side dish for the holidays! Roasting brussels sprouts in olive oil, with honey and fresh orange juice mellows them out and adds a touch of natural sweetness. Then tossing them with dried cranberries and toasted pine nuts adds texture and crunch!
Mmmm…these brussels sprouts are roasted to perfection! Did you know that roasting brussels sprouts caramelizes them and makes them a little sweeter and tastier? Yes, it does. Give this recipe a try and see for yourself.
This dish looks like fall and winter all wrapped up in one yummy bowl.
So, let’s get roasting.
- Rinse 1 lb brussels sprouts, then trim off the ends and any discolored leaves. Set aside.
Brussels sprouts are one of the healthiest foods around. They’re low in fat and calories, rich in many nutrients and high in dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, just to name a few benefits.
- In a large bowl whisk to combine 1/3 cup orange juice (we used freshly squeezed, but regular will work too), 2 teaspoons orange zest, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the brussels sprouts to the bowl and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Pour them onto a baking sheet with edges and roast in a preheat 400º F oven for 30-40 minutes, or until tender.
Pro Tip: Toss the baking sheet occasionally to brown evenly and avoid burning the brussels sprouts.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, melt 1/2 tablespoon salted butter. Add 1/2 cup pine nuts, stir and toast until golden brown. Set aside.
- Put the hot roasted brussels sprouts into a bowl, add the dried cranberries and toasted pine nuts and stir to combine. Garnish with the reserved 1 teaspoon orange zest.
We love the combination of sweet and savory, and the crunch you get from the toasted pine nuts is fantastic! We hope you make these Cranberry Orange Brussels Sprouts for the holidays and enjoy them too. If you do, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, rinsed
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice, juice from 1 small orange
- 3 teaspoons orange zest, reserve 1 teaspoon for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- ½ tablespoon salted butter
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Rinse brussels sprouts, then trim off the ends and any discolored leaves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk to combine the orange juice, orange zest, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Add the brussels sprouts and toss to coat thoroughly. Pour them onto a baking sheet with edges and roast in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until tender. Toss the baking sheet occasionally to brown evenly and avoid burning.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat melt the butter. Add the pine nuts, stir and toast until golden brown. Set aside.
- Put the hot roasted brussels sprouts into a bowl, add the dried cranberries and toasted pine nuts and stir to combine. Garnish with the reserved orange zest.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
Watch How to Make It
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully, is only $4.99 and perfect for gift-giving. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee! 🙂
Looking for more delicious side dishes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.